There's no point denying it - we all love Disney. Whether it's the movies themselves, the soundtracks or even the theme parks, we all indulge in a little Disney from time to time. But these movies are more than just movies, let me tell you. They provide majorly important life lessons, especially for us students. Here are some quotes from our favourite Disney movies that sum up college life in a nutshell:
1) "Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind." (Lilo and Stitch)
It's the last Thursday night of the semester and you're mad to get into town. If the last taxi of the night is full and your friend is about to bow their head and return home, you go with them and keep them company. As the expression goes, one man can't maintain a rave. Or something like that.
2) "Just keep swimming. " (Finding Nemo)
Or in other words, just keep drinking. Everyone needs a little encouragement when they're halfway through their crate of beer, and Dory's wise words are the ideal line to get the chugging kicked off.
3) "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." (Winnie The Pooh)
Especially when it's four in the morning and your housemate has an exam in a matter of hours. Being awoken to the sounds of you projectile vomiting all over the hallway isn't exactly considerate of you now is it? Maybe next time just bring out your duvet and spend the night in the bathroom.
4) "The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake." (The Little Mermaid)
We all know the feeling when you see your housemate lazing around the kitchen with not a care in the world. You sit there watching them, wishing your course was as easy as theirs. Realistically though, they probably have a shitload to be doing but just can't be arsed.
5) "You're mad, bonkers, off your head!" (Alice In Wonderland)
What each of us are thinking on a sober night out when we see what our friends are really like when they're hammered. *Sigh*
6) "Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one." (Pocahontas)
I'm sure that shortcut across the stream seemed like a good idea at the time. Actually, I take that back. Anything involving water after a night on the beer is never a good idea. Unless you're drinking it from a pint glass in the safety of your kitchen, of course.
7) "A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart." (Hercules)
More like the strength of his liver....
8) "Some people care too much... I think it's called love." (Winnie The Pooh)
Nope, that's called lust. The girl crying in the corner because you went off with someone else? She wants to lose her virginity before the age of twenty. The guy who keeps staring at you from across the nightclub? He's just plain horny. Forget love, Winnie. It's definitely lust.
9) "A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face." (Pinocchio)
You swear it's not plagiarised? Really? Even the part where it says the author's name and his family acknowledgements? You guys must be really close then.
10) "Love is putting someone else's needs before yours." (Frozen)
When your housemate lets you use the boiling water and the milk before them, you know you're onto something special.
11) "Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them." (The Aristocats)
Not entirely true. Us women can definitely spark arguments and heated debates. Even when it seems like we're losing the battle, we're always going to win the war. That's just how it is, fellas.
12) "You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul." (Ratatouille)
It doesn't matter that you're from the ghetto. It doesn't matter that your accent is as ear-wrenching as a poorly played violin. You can still be successful in life, kid.
13) "Even miracles take a little time." (Cinderella)
Something we should all keep in mind the next time we're up all night cramming for an exam.
14) "I'm only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble." (The Lion King)
Again, something we should all keep in mind after we've had a few too many drinks. So what if that lad is hitting on your girlfriend? She's not interested. She's with you, remember? Not everyone finds aggressive attractive, believe it or not.
15) "Sometimes we only see how people are different from us. But if you look hard enough, you can see how much we're all alike." (Aladdin)
Particularly when you're mid drunken conversation and everybody's life story makes complete sense to you. They get you and you get them. At least until the following morning...
16) "Hakuna matata." (The Lion King)
No worries. College life (for the most part) in a nutshell. Simple as.