Ireland's distinctive personality means situations that normally wouldn't happen, happen only in Ireland. It's such a popular saying social media is inundated with posts about things that only happen in Ireland. If we're being honest, these things could probably happen anywhere in the world but us Irish have pure notions about ourselves 'cause we're special, truly special and here's why:
1. With a such a tumultuous past, it takes a lot to shock the stoic people of Northern Ireland
Only in Northern Ireland would people drive past a burning car so care free pic.twitter.com/aN28RyxxnO
— Däïre (@DBates16) July 18, 2018
2. Irish transport 101
3. Potatoes aren't that big a deal, sure the Government have to tell you to eat them
4. In Ireland, we take no crap from anyone
5. Thanks to our mammies, we really don't like to cause much of a fuss
Only in Northern Ireland....
Man claims to have found a hoax bomb at the side of the road yesterday. Instead of phoning police, he took it home and tried to turn it into a quirky log burner.
PSNI since recovered it, according to FB post.https://t.co/a5oLzdt29O pic.twitter.com/AdLbHGacKY
— Patricia Devlin (@trishdevlin) July 17, 2018
6. In recent years, the Catholic Church has seen a fall in the number of men becoming priests so time really is of the essence:
Only in Ireland would you see a sign like this ??? pic.twitter.com/qurHhE1KU3
— Dee (@Dlivinglife11) July 19, 2018
7. We're always there to give each other a helping hand