2011 was a tricky year for music. We had Adele's meteoric rise with 21 and Kanye West and Jay-Z's brilliant Watch The Throne but it was the dance songs that leave a sour taste in my mouth and, no, it wasn't the jager.
Although considered pre-drink gems at the time, these overplayed songs are not worth the online article they're written on - in my opinion. In no particular order, these are just some of the dance songs of 2011 that need to be banished from the history of mankind:
1. 'Party Rock Anthem' - LMFAO
It's nobody's anthem.
2. 'Moves Like Jagger' - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera
If gonorrhea had a voice it would be this song.
3. 'On The Floor' - Jennifer Lopez
It might have been J.Lo's renaissance but 'On The Floor' does not age well.
4. 'What Makes You Beautiful' - One Direction
You're more beautiful far, far away.
5. Changed The Way You Kissed Me - Example
All this song did was change my ability to hear.
6. 'Good Feeling' - Flo Rida
I'd rather slide down a mountain nude than listen to this song ever again.
7. 'Give Me Everything' - Pitbull
Shut it down.
8. 'Without You' - David Guetta feat. Usher
Please, take the hint.