Everybody loves themselves a burrito so there is absolutely no reason on this earth that the nation of Ireland will not fall in love with this next recipe.
Stuffed with sausage, bacon, fried potatoes, homemade baked beans, mushrooms, onions and most importantly, the new superfood of 2016 - black pudding - it won't be long till your chin is covered in drool as you stand by the oven watching your breakfast cook!
Just so you don't make a COMPLETE savage of yourself, there are a few healthy elements such as avocado (always a beautiful addition to any dish), tomatoes and some spinach added in. As well as being good for you, these fresh ingredients add a little bit of a lift to the meal and don't leave you feeling absolutely weighed down after eating it.
This burrito is the perfect way to pack your breakfast up for mornings when you are in a rush. It is guaranteed to cure ANY hangover and will 100% mean you will impress the lady or gentleman you managed to bring home the night before.
Go on, you dirty thing!
'Full Irish' Breakfast Burrito - Serves 2
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 sausages (chopped)
- 2 - 3 slices of black pudding
- 1 - 2 cooked potatoes (sliced)
- 200 g baked beans
- 200 g mushrooms (chopped)
- 100 g onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 tomato (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 2 wraps
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium - high heat and when it is warm, add the oil. Add the sausage, black pudding and bacon followed by the garlic, onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Next add the potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook potatoes on both sides until brown and crispy.
- Heat the beans either separately or in the same pan if you have the space.
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat.
- Meanwhile, wet the wraps a little and begin to fill them using all the cooked ingredients along with the avocado, spinach and tomato.
- Wrap the burritos up nice and tightly, making sure to tuck it in at the sides and place on the hot griddle pan to warm up and slightly brown.
- Cut in half and serve the burritos up before tucking in!
(Tip: Wrapping the burritos in tinfoil before cutting them will keep them from falling apart and make them easier to eat. It will also help keep them warm if you want to keep them for later.)
Video: 4 Fusion Burritos You Need To Try