We've all been there, sat in bed late at night planning how and what we can do to get Mr Hottie's attention, and keep it. But the burning question on everyone's lips is, how do we know that our often extreme efforts are catching bae's eye..? So, to help all those desperately trying out there, we have cleverly devised these top 14 things that a guy will do when he's legit into you...
1. He will take initiative on making plans with you.
No matter how busy a man is, if he really wants to see you, he will make time for you, and don't forget it girl!
2. He will remember your interests and act on them.
Did you mention your favourite perfume? Tell him about your favourite restaurant? A guy who is into you will hang on your every word and will pay attention to the little details... #spoiltrotten
3. He laughs at your jokes even if they're lame.
Maybe it's pity, or maybe, just maybe, it's true love...
4. He appears jealous when you're with another guy.
No one likes a jealous freak but if he shows a healthy amount of interest when you talk to/are with another guy - that's a good sign.
5. He keeps the conversation going.
There is nothing more annoying than texting with someone who takes hours to respond. And, to make matters worse, when he actually does, it’s usually something lame and blunt. You know he really likes you when he holds a conversation. If he can't, he's probably not going to keep your interest anyway.
6. He commits to the future.
Buying tickets to a concert next month, or inviting you to a friend’s birthday party are his sneaky cute ways of telling you he wants to keep you around.
7. He fights with you.
We're not talking about all-out arguments, but if someone doesn’t push back on your opinions or argue with you at all, it’s usually because he doesn’t care. And let's be honest, we all love a lil bit of make-up sex, don't we...
8. He asks about your day.
When a guy is into you, he wants to know what’s going on in your life and will listen with genuine intrigue, because he’ll find every aspect of you fascinating and will want to be kept in the loop.
9. He's respectful of your time.
He doesn’t stand you up, he's not late and he doesn’t ask you out as a last resort.
10. He tries to make a good impression.
If the guy you're seeing never makes any effort to dress up when you’re around, stand up a little straighter or make sure that adorable cowlick stays down, then we hate to break it to you honey, but he's probably not that into you. Soz.
11. He hints at a second date before leaving the first.
When a guy is into you, you’ll know it. He won’t want to want to risk someone else snatching you up.
12. He tells you how "beautiful you look."
He's not shy about expressing how much he really likes you. He’ll also go to incredible lengths to be around you (i.e. cancel plans he already has just to see your stunning face).
13. He gives you the remote when you’re over at his place and he lets you pick the movie when going to the cinema.
This is major.
14. And lastly, he holds your hand in public, opens the door for you, and does everything a true gentleman should.
You deserve only the best!
Written by Rachel Gascoigne/@RachelGascoigne
How To Tell If A Guy Likes You (Video)