Mary-Kate Olsen is a big fan of the grungey smokey eye, and so am I. With grunge being a huge fashion trend this Autumn-Winter, this is a handy go-to smudgy look for day or night time. I used all colours from my naked palette for this look, but the brown can be easily swapped out for blacks for a more dramatic look. The key to this look overall is not having it too tidy, leaving it a bit unkempt looking.
1. Using a dark brown shimmery shadow, cover the outer two thirds of your lid. ( Smog- Urban Decay)
2. Draw a thick line under your lower lid using the same shadow. This doesn’t need to be too neat, it’ll be blended out afterwards.
3. Using a gold colour (half baked-urban decay), fill in the inner third of your upper lid and bring it around the inner corner. This will act as a highlight.
4. Blend the shadow on the lower lashline downwards.
5. Using a tiny bit of Darkhorse by Urban Decay, blend the shadows on the upper lid upwards. There should be no noticeable transitions between colours.
6 Add a highlight to the browbone (MAC- Golden Lariat) and add brown eyeliner to your upper, lower and inner lid.
7. Finally add a thin black mascara and hey presto, grungey smudgy mary-kate esque make up for Autumn. (not really sure why my eye is so terrifying in this first pic)