Long distance relationships are not fun. Whether they're on the other side of the world or the other side of the city, not seeing your girl/boyfriend every other day sucks. It's difficult maintaining a relationship with someone whose face you only ever see on a screen, whose voice you only ever hear on the phone. It's difficult not being with them physically, but there are some moments that make up for it....
1) When you see their face on your computer screen after a long day.
There's nothing like seeing them smile and knowing it's because they're as happy to see you as you are to see them.
2) Hearing their voice for the first time in a week.
Even if you don't have anything important to say!
3) Staying up until you can talk.
Time difference is a bitch, especially if you're hours apart.
4) Getting the confirmation email for your trip to see them.
And immediately forwarding it to them and giggling about it for the rest of the day.
5) When Skype signal or Google Hangouts is crystal clear.
No matter how great your internet connection is, this is a very rare occurrence. It's like the internet doesn't want you to talk!
6) When you organize a trip together and everything goes as planned.
No arguments, no cancellations, no accommodation mix-ups, no delayed flights. Just perfect.
7) When you receive something in the post from them
Be it a letter or a care package. Knowing they made the effort to do this for you is painfully cute!
8) When they visit and you show them your favourite places.
Finally getting to show all your friends that they do, in fact, exist.
9) When they send you a snapshot of their stupidly adorable face
Which is just stupidly adorable.
10) Waking up to a message that you'll see each other soon.
Literally cannot wait!
11) When you get to hug them and breathe in their smell.
How do they manage to smell so good? Can I bottle their fragrance?
12) When you get to kiss them (or whatever else), no screen between you!