Emotional cheaters! Emotional cheaters everywhere!
"Oh it's fine, we didn't actually do anything... we just talked" If you've ever said this or even thought this, there's a good chance you're an emotional cheater. However, before you classify yourself as an emotional cheater, let's lay down the definition first!
An "emotional affair" is an affair based on emotional intimacy rather than physical actions. So why do people do it? There are plenty of possible reasons....
1. It makes them feel desirable, like they still got it.
2. Some people can't stand to be single, so they're emotionally unfaithful in order to feel like they have a backup boyfriend/girlfriend.
3. Maybe they don't feel an emotional connection with their actual partner, so they look for that connection elsewhere.
4. They don't see it as actually cheating and view it (or tell themselves) it's harmless.
- You have deep, intimate, emotional chats with the other person/people you are attracted to.
- You constantly flirt or say inappropriate things to them, like "If I wasn't with **** I would be with you."
- You're constantly in contact and it's as if you're in a relationship, but without the "physical activity."
- You constantly fantasise about them... I mean, HELLO!!!