MSN was the first messenger service that saw us abandon texts and take on the realm of the internet .. MSN where your name apparently had weird letters like this ę? and how many xxx's you put at the end of your message was directly in proportion to how much you wanted to get with the person.. Some of the best conversations we had as teenagers were over MSN... Here are some of the main reasons we miss it..
1) 'Oh sorry that was my friend'
This excuse would never work in this day and age ? For some reason on MSN there was always the chance that someone else was at the end of your keyboard..
2) Turning your MSN on and off to get the person you liked's attention- 'He'll never know'
3) Seeing the person you liked sign in and waiting for a bit before you sent them a message..
You didn't want them to think you were a psycho..
4) Sending instantly regrettable messages and having to wait for the reply
Maybe if I sign out and in again they might not see it ?!?
5) Having to get off MSN because you mum needed to use the phone
Back before wireless, dial up meant you were in a constant battle between landline and computer..
6) Having a stupid email address that you would come to regret years later
7) Leaving school then going on MSN for like 5 hours
Wat you doin? Nutin much wbu?
8) Starting conversations that mostly consisted of this..
9) Asking your friend to give you luv on bebo so that people would think you're cool
'Send me luv and I'l send it to you'
10) Nudging your friend on MSN to piss them off
*Nudge* *Nudge* There was nothing more annoying then your rapidly vibrating screen..
11) Installing MSN on the school computer because you were such a bad ass
12) Having a certain fancy font and colour scheme and a screen names like this:
13) Having your parents walk in and typing-
14) Reserving your personal message for song lyrics.
Blink 182 and Sum 41 lyrics never seemed so poignant...
15) Having countless short cuts to your epic emoticon library
16) Copying and pasting the person you liked messages into your friends chat so they could 'interpret' what he actually meant by "kk cool see u l8r"
What does he mean? Do they like me?
Yeah biggest lie ever told - More like "I'l be right back after an undecided quantity of time"
18) Freaking out when someone was typing a long message and then suddenly stopped
What does this mean ? Maybe their mum needed the landline?!
19) Texting someone to tell them to go online
It had been 2 hours since you talked to your friends in school .. 'Go online plz'
20) Boy: "wanna be my gf?" Girl: "okay!" Both: *Writes <3 in their msn status* = OFFICIAL.
21) Doing this before you went offline..
Holding down the 'X' was testament to how much you liked a person
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ahh MSN we miss you