Resisting the snooze button on your alarm is up there with the top ten most difficult things to do in life, like ever. You think that an extra ten minutes won't do anyone any harm but little do you know, it's about to fuck up your whole morning. Here are the 17 awful stages of running late in the mornings...
1) You set your alarm an hour early so you can go back to sleep.
2) You realise you still have loads of time so you press the snooze button.
3) You try to cut out less important things to do so you have more time in bed.
4) The snooze button didn't work and now you're rushing around like a headless chicken.
5) You sacrifice breakfast because your timing was all wrong and you're gonna be late.
6) You run out the door and accidentally spill coffee on your shirt.
7) You had to change your shirt and now you're legging it down the road.
8) People start looking at you running and you get self-conscious, so you slow down the pace.
9) You send a vague "On my way" text because it's not specific and you've covered your ass. For now at least...
10) You hop in a taxi because that way you can blame traffic for why you're late.
11) F*ck. There actually is traffic and now you're even more late.
12) You send another "2 mins" text even though you'll be at least another ten.
13) You throw all your money at the driver and peg it out of the car.
14) You sprint the last 100 metres so the people you're meeting know you tried your best.
15) You wipe the sweat from your face and look around.
16) You start to realise you're 40 minutes late but still the first one there.
17) You send one final "You're a f*cking asshole" text while you sit and wait for the other person to arrive.