It's the time of year, again, where drinking yourself silly is accepted by all in society in the name of a Saint, Saint Paddy. There are consequences to your actions so here are some rules to abide by on this festive day.
Rule 1. It's Paddy's day so lets have it large.
2.Stay away from old pubs. They are usually full of old men singing out of tune and talking about a Paddy's day that happened before you were born...
3. Don't attempt to make friends with the guy dressed as a leprechaun. Even if he offers you a lolly. (especially if he offers you a lollypop). These guy are trouble and really just embarrassing.
4. Don't let your drunk friend too near the parade. A good friend wouldn't let a mate embarrass himself too much. Plus this just holds up the parade and people want it over so they can get back to drinking.
5. Pace yourself. You don't want to start too early and end up passing out.
6. Plan ahead. Plan on how you're going to get home and save some money in your coat or wallet specifically for getting home. You don't want to be walking around all night or crying because you've nowhere to stay.
7. Keep fed. A chip butty is a good buddy on the day. This is a preventive measure. lining your stomach will stop you from seeing that green beer you chugged for the craic four hours ago.
8. Have a Guinness. I shouldn't have to give you a reason.
9. Being drunk is not excuse to tells kids leprechaun's aren't real.
10. Take a break and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee. You are probably going to start drinking early in the day so to ensure you can enjoy the whole day and not just the afternoon. Take a break and then build back up.
11. Stay away from other overly inebriated lads. Brawls are and inevitability on Paddy's day. 12. If you are planing to start drinking early keep the hard stuff till late at night. A Jameson always goes down nicely but it's never the same coming back up.....nothing is.
13. Keep your drink on you at all times do not stash it away for later. Lads sometimes forget to buy drink or don't have enough so will steal any they see just laying around.
14. Never Leave a Mate Behind. This is just a good rule to life your life by everyday but if you are in a club and off your tits it's best to have your mates around.