These six food places were closed due to not using safety procedures and they're all rotten.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) issued four closure orders, one Prohibition Order and two prosecutions on various restaurants, takeaways and food companies in Ireland.
Let's get down and dirty to the good stuff; what places were actually served for not carrying out correct hygiene. (ew)
- A Chef Kebab Foodstall, At Daltons Pub car park, Fuerty, Roscommon
- Day to Day (retailer), 54 Georges Street Upper, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Palak Restaurant, High Street, Tuam, Galway
- Ali Baba (restaurant/café), Bank Place, Rathkeale, Limerick
- Auckley Ltd., The Palace (public house), 17 Ludlow Street, Navan, Meath
- Largo Foods (manufacturer), Kilbrew, Ashboune, Meath
The Palace and Largo Foods were actually prosecuted for being gross and not maintaining food hygiene, while the others have just been closed down.
A scary figure is that in 2016 alone the FSAI shut down a whopping 94 food places across Ireland. So next time you think of getting that dodgy kebab, think twice about it.
Add us on Snapchat – @collegetimesct