As a former Arts students I know how it can feel. People judge you and think that it isn't a hard course. Well, this just really pissed me off. There are certain things that the 1,500 of us can only understand. We don't have clicks. You don't usually make new friends. It's so big and, as a former English major, I will say now that it is very tough. So, why are people so judgmental? For anyone who is angry, annoyed or fed up with anyone in college, take a look at these 9 things we just don't want to hear.
1) "Ohh you're in Arts...shit one"
Ohh so you're a bitch...shit one.
2) "What course did you want to get?" "Oh... And so what was your first choice?"
Law but that's really not the point...just piss off!
3) "What are you gonna do after though?""Is it annoying that you can't really use your degree?"
I don't go around interrogating you about what you're gonna do. Maybe I'm going to do something in the subject I have been studying...ever think of that?
4)"Ah ye but she's just in arts..why would she be worried about grades..it's so easy sure"
Do not come near me...you are rude and I hate you.
5) "What do you mean your subjects aren't all set out for you?" "That must be soooooo annoying!"
I'm coming for you...
6) "You got your credits wrong!"
Okay I know it's my fault but please don't give out to me now. Doing an extra subject this semester will not be fun.
7) "Oh you're doing a masters in English/Social Science/Psychology?" "Really?" "I thought they only did them in Business?"
You know there is more to life than a Business masters people!
8) "So you're gonna be a teacher then are you?"
No, I'm not. There is more that you can do with an Arts degree you know?
And for the grand finale...
9) "Do you want fries with your degree?"
Implying we can only qualify to work in McDonalds after this is so rude....and not funny!
If YOU’D like to be part of the CT team and write for the biggest student website in the country, then email us! [email protected]