During a long weekend things can get out of control and you momentarily lose your emotional balance, there are any number of little things you can do to regain it. Here are ten tools to help get you started.
1. Wash your hands and face, brush and floss your teeth.
It cools and cleans the parts of your body that you use most frequently, which is relaxing, and gives you that "fresh start" feeling.
2. Put on clean socks and some shoes that you haven't worn in a few days.
Shoes take a day or two to release any moisture they have absorbed, and this is a very easy way to put a little pep back into your step. Clean socks and underwear are essential in feeling normal again.
3. Give yourself a good shave (face or legs).
This is another instant refresher. Especially if you have sensitive skin or the weather is dry. Plus, when we know we are looking our best, we naturally feel better.
4. Look at any trophy, degree, or certificate of achievement that you have earned.
And if it isn't framed and on the wall, frame it now. These are reminders of your accomplishments, and taking in your success is important to maintaining your self-esteem.
5. Remember your last (or greatest) success...
...Even if it's that ride you scored 2 weeks ago, yeah - that was nice. You go Glen Coco.