We all need a holiday these days, something we can really get behind that makes us feel great to be alive. And we've found it. It's called Pinot Grigio Day. We didn't know it exists but we love it. Because we love white wine, especially on a sunny May evening.
We've been reliably informed that this Sunday is Pinto Grigio Day. We're going to celebrate it in style. Luckily Aldi are helping. They have a wide range of Pinot Grigio's for sale (starting at €1.99!). Here's a list of extensive Pinot Grigio's.
- Castellore Sparkling Pinot Grigio Can €1.99/20cl - Peach and pear aromas with an acidic, lemony kick, perfectly paired with bar snacks.
- Castellore Pinot Grigio €5.79/75cl - Lemon zest, lime zest, ripe peaches with a touch of sweetness and crisp backbone of acidity. A refreshing aperitif or a partner for all kinds of seafood.
- Castellore Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie €5.99/75cl - Rich, smooth and bursting with tropical fruit. Perfect when paired with light starters.
- The Fire Tree Sicilian Pinot Grigio Sauvignon €6.99/75cl - Lovely Sicilian white wine with Sauvignon Blanc zing and Pinot Grigio grapefruit zest. Try it with spicy prawns.
- Estevez Chilean Pinot Grigio €7.49/75cl - A full-flavoured Pinot Grigio with typical citrus zing, soft acidity, nicely dry and good with food from roast chicken to creamy curries.
- Award-winning Castellore Organico Pinot Grigio €7.99/75cl - Sweet on the nose but dry when you taste! Honeyed, ripe apple and white flowers with a citrus kick. Try it with seafood linguini or buttered chicken. This wine won Silver at the 2019 Irish Quality Food & Drink Awards!
- Freeman’s Bay New Zealand Pinot Gris €8.29/75cl - This Kiwi white uses the French name for Pinot Grigio. It's slightly sweet, really fresh, full of tropical fruit. Try it with salty halloumi and spicy salsa. This wine won Bronze at the 2018 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Pierre Jaurant Ferrandiere Pinot Gris €8.49/75cl - From a single estate based on an ancient salt lake in the south of France, this elegant white wine is all about floral fragrances, ripe white peach and gentle acidity. Grilled fish with lemon.
Join us in celebrating this momentous holiday this Sunday!