Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year for anyone who isn't sitting in a freezing cold room with hand cramps and an invigilator from West Meath.
Anyone who has ever sat a Christmas exam will know that endless cramming sessions, the "I'll study tomorrow" reminders, the buckets of caffeine and the hourly freakouts are. Here are 11 tweets that recognise the struggles of studying for exams at Christmas:
1. You cannot relate to people who aren't doing exams:
See all these folks who are like 1st of Decemeber Christmas!!??and am just like 1st of December exams soon fml.
— Hannah (@hannaH_aitken) December 1, 2017
2. Christmas music is banned until your done:
I’ll only listen to Christmas music after exams !!!! :’)
— ??❁ bubz tea ❁?? (@sparkle_piink) December 2, 2017
3. You'd rather be lied to during your Christmas exams then face another emotional hurdle:
I still can't believe people are heartless enough to break up with someone around exams like sorry you don't want to buy them a Christmas present just deal for another week don't ruin their year
— Cat Girgan (@purpcatinthehat) December 2, 2017
4. You'll pray that your college and its faculty will see the true meaning of Christmas:
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by canceling exams for the rest of the year
— Student Problems (@FactsOfSchool) December 2, 2017
5. You spend more time freaking out about Christmas exams than actually studying:
Finals Week Christmas Carol ?
12 Mental breakdowns
11 Classmates crying
10 Tubs of icecream
9 Thoughts of drop out
8 Hours of studying
7 Chapters behind
6 Pleading emails
FIIIIIVE F*CKING EXAMS
4 Pointless papers
3 Shitty projects
2 hours of sleep
and 1 more mental breakdown ?
— Tater Tat (@tatyanaschulz) November 28, 2017
6. Then you'll promise yourself you'll just watch that one Christmas movie to break up the hell of Christmas:
I have 6 exams to study for and I have to write an oral presentation in Spanish but here I am, In bed, watching Christmas movies with leftover pizza
— joanie (@hscrueI) December 2, 2017
7. And you'll realise this is now your life:
I get more excited by the idea of exams being over than I do about Christmas being so close. Something’s not right about that ... ?
— Lucas Smith (@lucassmith1097) November 30, 2017
8. Your exams have become your mortal enemy that's sole purpose is to destroy you:
everyone's so excited about it being december and christmas but all i can think about is getting bitch slapped by exams
— julie (@julieedicker) December 2, 2017
9. You no longer eat three solid meals a day:
— Russell Groscurth (@RussellGros) December 5, 2017
10. You're whacking out those prayers to St Anthony like it's the Leaving Cert 2.0:
on behalf of all college students DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER PLZ BE W US ON THESE LAST 2 WEEKS OF THIS FALL SEMESTER. TOUCH THESE EXAMS, TOUCH THESE PAPERS, TOUCH OUR MINDS, TOUCH OUR GPAS. amen AMEN
— blt (@B_is_loveLEIGH) November 26, 2017
11. But your thankful that your exams aren't after Christmas - sorry about it TCD:
See all you bastards chilling out on the countdown to Christmas while us in UCD have exams coming up ,jokes on you in January when you come back depressed after Christmas?
— Aoife Russell (@msaoiferussell) November 20, 2017