Ten years ago we said goodbye to Ross, Rachel and everyone else. Monica and Chandler got their twins, Ross and Rachel finally got their shit together. Phoebe was, well Phoebe was Phoebe and Joey? Well Joey didn't do so good without the whole gang. But what did we learn from the six amigos? Apart from realising that the lines between being on a break and being single are incredibly warped and that Joey doesn't share food. Is 'Friends' at fault for my incredibly high standards on how my adult life should fair out? What life lessons did we take away?
1) You’re never too old to play fort...
It doesn't matter if you're a doctor, teacher, rocket scientist or paleontologist. Just get in the god damn fort.
2) Condoms only work 97% of the time...
It should really be written in Block Capitals...
3) They'll always be excited for you...
Even if it's the most trivial thing going on, your friends will always make it the most important thing in the world.
4)There's no real boundaries with true friends...
You're not really friends if you can't have a quick fondle...
5)Most of the bad decisions you have ever made were with them
6)People will eventually get their shit together
7)But your friends will be there for you while you do
8) They will always know how to cheer you up
9) And you certainly can’t keep secrets from your friends...
By any means necessary, they will find out.
10) You are NOT single if you’re on a break
11) No-one is fine when they say they’re fine
12) Bracelet buddies are the height of a good friendship
13) Tensions will run high on occasion
14) And sometimes you will to go to great lengths to show you’re sorry
15)But they will do anything for you
16)French is an incredibly difficult language to learn
17) Sometimes we just need to let go of our inhibitions
18) Never count Mississippily
19) You’re bound to have at least one crush on one of your friends
20) And who doesn't like a quick drunk fumble with a buddy
Sometimes this can even lead to more then just a 'wham bam thank you maam'
21) Everyone needs that one friend who can put your own life into perspective
22) Never waste food
23)Their advice can be somewhat cryptic at times...
To anyone else it would sound ridiculous, but to you? Well they have a valid point
24) Sometimes things take a while to come into fruition for a reason...
But that makes it all the more worth while
25)Things can never stay the same
26)But you will always have each other