It is our college years and no other time in our lives will we have three months to do whatever we want. If money is a factor, take out a loan and deal with it later. You will regret it if you don't go and forever resent those that did. If it wasn't obvious enough already, here is why you should go away this summer.
1) No matter how hot Ireland get's it will never be as hot as Spain, Thailand or the US.
2) These are the summers we can travel and do what we want for three months
3) If you stay at home you will have to work full time in a job you have been doing for 4 years
4) You might find yourself babysitting all summer
5) Spending every single day with your family
6) Spending every day with your siblings
7) The rain
8) Not meeting new people
9) Going to the same clubs you have been going to for 5 years now
10) No holiday romance
11) No tan
12) Expensive alcohol
13) No fun things to do sober
14) How many walks on the pier can one human possibly do?
15) Staying in the same place for the WHOLE summer
16) A lot of money spent on petrol
17) Dublin Bus will be your best friend
18) "What happens in...." does not apply here. Everyone knows everything.
19) You will see your ex constantly
20) You will spend the whole summer jealous of anyone that is away
21) The holiday check-in's on Facebook will make you cry