Are you meal prepping for the gym or need something sweet for dinner? This recipe only takes twenty minutes to make and it's perfect for your lunch box. Try out this gorge honey teriyaki chicken recipe and have enough lunches to last you the week:
What you'll need (Serves 4)
- Soy sauce (half a cup)
- Water (2 x tablespoons)
- Rice vinegar (2 x tablespoons)
- Brown Sugar (2 x tablespoons)
- Honey (1 x tablespoon)
- Garlic powder ( 1 x teaspoon)
- Ground ginger ( 1 x teaspoon)
- Flour (3 x tablespoons)
- Chicken x 2
- Brocolli florets
- Brown Rice
- Sesame seeds
- 2 x Scallions, sliced thinly
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside the bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the rice according to the package instructions. Near the end of the rice cooking, about 7 minutes left, add the broccoli and cook until it's tender.
- While the brown rice is cooking, preheat over medium-high heat a pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice up the chicken and add to the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side and flip to the other side. Flip chicken and add the sauce ingredients. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink and the sauce is thickened which will take 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide the rice and broccoli between 4 dishes. Top the rice with chicken, sauce, green onions and sesame seeds.
Enjoy your homemade honey teriyaki chicken!