It's that time of the week: you're either hungover or badly need your fix. Should you have that spice bag? Don't worry. Save your money and guilt and make your own version with this healthy spice bag recipe:
What you'll need:
- 2 chicken fillets
- 200g of ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1tsp of coconut oil
- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 good pinches of sea salt
- 1tbsp of Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2tsp of chili powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Chop your chicken into strips and coat the chicken with a beaten egg. Mix cumin and ground almonds in a bowl.
2. Dip the egg covered chicken into the ground almond and cumin mixture and place each piece on a baking tray. Make sure each piece is properly covered or you won't get that crunchy bite. Place into the oven and bake for 20-30 mins.
3. Slice the potatoes into chips and bake them with the rosemary, chopped onion and coconut oil for 35/40 mins. If your tray isn’t non-stick use greaseproof or parchment paper.
4. Mix all the spice ingredients in a bowl. Put the chicken and chips together on a plate and then do a salt bae with the spice mix coating and cover the chicken and chips.
5. If you want to add some finishing touches use some chopped green and red chilies.
Enjoy your spice bag guilt free!