The weekend's over but you still need to treat yo' self. Why not cure the weekend fear with some mouth-watering chicken wings? It's still the weekend until we say otherwise! Can I get an amen up in here?!
What you'll need:
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 a cup of honey
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 900g of chicken wings (6 to 8 servings)
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
1. Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
2. Place wings in a shallow container and pour over the soy sauce, ginger, coriander, garlic, and lemon juice. Toss the chicken wings in the container until they're completely marinated. Wait for 2 hours before cooking.
3. Remove wings from marinade and pat them dry. Season the wings with your salt and pepper.
4. Place a pan over a medium-high heat. Pop butter and olive oil. When the butter stops bubbling, add the honey and wings and fry until browned on each side. The process should take about 5 minutes.
5. Continue cooking the wings, turning them over continuously to coat them as the glaze reduces. Cook until the wings are sticky and cooked through. Top your wings off with sesame seeds and serve.
I feel like chicken tonight!!!