Today's Euromillions is worth €150 million and the Lotto prize is a cool €1 million. If you haven't already bought a ticket you still have time, as tickets are sold until 9 pm tonight. Sometimes you hear rumours of certain areas having all the luck when it comes to people winning the lotto. Well, the National Lottery have gathered 30 years of information and have discovered the best places to buy a lotto ticket.
Dublin tops the list with three shops selling winning tickets with two shops from Donegal and Cork also selling multiple winning tickets.
The ten luckiest National Lottery retailers in Ireland from 1988 onwards:
1. An Post, GPO, Dublin City - 14 wins totalling €15,054,036
2. O’Neill’s, Bridgend, Co Donegal - 12 wins totalling €4,993,195
3. Hickey’s, Skibbereen, Co Cork - 9 wins totalling €7,860,445
4. McKenna’s Texaco, Muff, Co Donegal - 9 wins totalling €6,123,283
5. SuperValu, Finglas, Dublin 11 (Superquinn) - 9 wins totalling €3,879,613
6. Spar, Galtymore Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12 - 9 wins totalling €3,987,313
7. Ardkeen Superstores, Dunmore Road, Co. Waterford - 8 wins totalling €19,507,321
8. Tesco Nutgrove S.C. Dublin 14 - 7 wins totalling €5,020,664
9. Dalkey News Centre, Dalkey, Co. Dublin - 6 wins totalling €9,371,337
10. SuperValu, Pearse Street, Co. Cork - 6 wins totalling €8,574,413
A National Lottery spokesperson said "Saturday’s Lotto Jackpot is worth a life-changing €2 million so some lucky player is in with a chance to have a holiday they will never forget! We wish everyone the best of luck". The figures couldn't come at a better time! The Bank Holiday weekend means we have time to buy tickets from all the shops mentioned.
Sure if you're not in it, you can't win it!
Add us on Snapchat: @collegetimesct
h/t: The Irish Mirror