People Warned As North Dublin Pub Leaves 50 People With Salmonella

People Warned As North Dublin Pub Leaves 50 People With Salmonella

More than 50 people have been left ill after a confirmed Salmonella outbreak in north Dublin after eating food at a pub in Portmarnock. The HSE have been urging people who've been affected by eating at this pub to contact them immediately.

The HSE confirmed last night 4 children have been affected by Salmonella and it's also suspected to have caused the death of a woman in her 50s. O’Dwyer’s Bar & Grill is now under investigation by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland and temporarily closed.

The HSE have said the first case of poisoning was recorded on May 18th and from here they linked the outbreak back to the Portmarnock pub. The pub posted to their Facebook page on May 19th with this message;

"It is with regret we inform all our loyal customers that due an unforeseen health scare we must temporarily close to work closely with the Health Service Executive. We will keep you posted and apologise for any inconveniences this may have caused.
We thank you for your continued loyalty and support".


Although the grill part of the restaurant is closed they informed customers that their bar is still open for business.

Also Read: Noel Gallagher Tells The Most Wonderfully Irish Mammy Story Ever

Add us on Snapchat – @collegetimesct

Ciara Finnegan

You may also like

Facebook messenger