Maintaining your *beauty* shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. There are plenty of little beauty hacks you can try if you're a little short on money. In short, if you have Vaseline, you're pretty much golden.
1. Put a little bit of peppermint oil into your lip gloss to give yourself a little plump.
2. To make your mascara last longer, put a few drops of contact solution in.
3. Use face wipes to clean your dirty shoes.
4. Use dry shampoo if you're too skint to afford actual shampoo.
5. Out of hairspray? Incorporate bobby pins into your look (double duty!)
6. Use Vaseline for EVERYTHING! Eyelashes, Chapstick, brow gel, etc.
7. No curling iron? Flat-iron your braids for quick, wavy hair.
8. Use a business card to avoid mascara on your eye lids.
9. Use an old toothbrush to exfoliate your lips.
10. If you want matte nail polish, mix a bit of cornstarch in with your nail polish.
11. Broken eyeshadow? Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol and press the powder with the back of a spoon.
12. If you're out of blush, dab your cheeks with a bit of lipstick.
13. If you want dewy skin, mix a little of liquid foundation and your daily moisturiser to make a tinted moisturiser.
14. Double up on that conditioner and use it as shaving cream.
15. Mix a bit of your bronzer and your daily moisturiser for a quick temporary self-tan.
16. Buy your makeup online because a lot of beauty suppliers throw in free samples.
17. If you ARE buying online, look up coupons!
18. No dry shampoo? Use Talcum Powder.
19. If you're going for a matte lip, dab some eyeshadow onto your lips.
Credit: Niomi Smart.