The significance of childhood friendship is probably summed up best in Stand By Me - 'I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?'
So, why are childhood pals the best of the best? We reckon there's a few reasons
1. They know you inside out
2. You went through your worst fashion mistakes together
3. They were there for you through the dark times
4. Before the internet and Netflix were a thing, you still had the craic
5. They knew to run aswell when your mam rooted in the drawer for the wooden spoon.
6. You went through significant life moments together - they were there when you got your first shift
7. They'd walk into your house like it was their own and vice versa.
8. No whatsapping business, they'd actually knock into you and ask you to come out to play
9. Memories include water fights, kick the can and cycling your bike.
10. You used to walk to school together
11. You've all sorts of embarrassing pics together, back when people actually used cameras
12. There's no shocks, you've both seen each other at your worst
13. No matter how much time has passed, you never have a shortage of things to talk about