Known as Chipotle sauce, or a variation of taco sauce to others, it's the understated gem of the culinary world. Whether you're having chili con carne, pasta or any potato, chipotle is the perfect tasty addition to any meal. Here's what you'll need to whip it up:
- 128 grams of plain yogurt or crème fraiche
- 1-2 small chipotles in adobo, seeds removed – depending on taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
How do I make it?
- Chop up and pop all the ingredients into a food blender/processor.
- Blend the ingredients until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Take a teaspoon and taste. If needed, add additional salt and Chipotles to your sauce.
- If you like a thick consistency then leave your sauce in the fridge before use.
- Hint: If the sauce tastes too spicy add a tablespoon or two of additional yoghurt to balance out the spiciness.