I never believed in fashion rules... it's meant to be fun and expressive, why limit creative freedom? In the past few years these fashion 'faux pas' have not only become acceptable, but even on trend!
Embrace your inner rebel and break the rules.
1) You Should Never Wear Black and Navy Together
I never got this one. I think it looks super chic.
2) Or Black and Brown...
3) Or Red and Pink
4) Never Wear Clashing Prints
I honestly can't think of anything that looks more high fashion and expensive than clashing prints.
5) Sequins Are Only For NYE
Team a sequined blazer with a relaxed tee or try a chunky knit and sequin skirt combo for a more daytime friendly look.
6) Feathers Are Only For Formal Wear
7) You Can Only Wear One Metal At A Time
8) Your Bag Must Match Your Shoes
Unless you're over 40, don't ever match your shoes, belt or handbag together.
8) Red Lipstick Is Only For Night Time
You can wear literally any colour lipstick during the day - it's the easiest way to make a statement!
9) PJ's Are Only For Bed
I could't tell you how many lectures I've been to wearing a t-shirt dress I slept in and a pair of tights.
10) Sheer Clothing Isn't Day Time Appropriate
Of course it is! Show off them bra straps.
11) Less Is More
Lies. Pile on all that jewellery.
12) You Can't Wear Socks And Sandals
More lies. This is actually one extremely stylish trend.
13) You Can't Wear Coloured Or Pattern Tights Over The Age Of 5
Bring out your inner Gossip Girl and be a little adventurous when it comes to tights. Plain black can be so boring.
14) And finally, clutches Are Only For Nights Out
Wearing clutches with a daytime outfit looks super cool. And you know it.