Whether it's straight after the club or the day after the night out nobody can say no to a slice of pizza. The melting of the cheese in your mouth alongside your favourite garlic dip is enough to make anybody drool.
Sadly, sometimes our favourite meal isn't always the best choice. Packed with hidden sugars, fat and carbs a pizza can be an unhealthy option. Well, carb lovers, don't you fret, we've come up with the fakeaway from heaven: a healthy pizza.
What you'll need:
Pizza base and toppings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 340 grams of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- some chorizo or pepperoni thinly sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes (or large tomatoes) peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or use a spray oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 240ml of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- chopped fresh basil and parsley/ dried
- salt and black pepper to season
How to make:
- Spray your cooking oil/olive oil onto a pan.Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and saute for about 5 mins.Add the tomatoes and continue to saute until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until stock reduces down which should take between 20 and 30 mins.
- Roughly blend with a stick blender, add freshly chopped basil and parsley and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly pound the chicken breasts to slightly flatten on a smooth surface.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and place the chicken breasts in the dish, flat side up. Lightly spray the chicken breasts with oil spray, or brush with olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken base with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Turn the chicken breasts to the other side. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of your marinara sauce, ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, 2 slices of chorizo or pepperoni and 2 slices of pepper.
- Return the baking dish to the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, let it cool and enjoy!