The run up to Christmas brings shopping madness, a barrage of nights out, an influx of festive movies on the box and Mariah Carey singing in the background everywhere.
As it's still only November, not everyone will be feeling festive yet. This might change once you attend the Smithfield Lights event in Dublin this weekend. A trip to Smithfield Square on Sunday, November 26 will be like stepping into a Winter Wonderland - a perfect setting for a romantic date.
The magic will kick off at 3pm. There will be market stalls, music and an outdoor cinema going on. The Riptide Movement will perform at 7.20pm, just after the main tree lighting event takes place at 7.10pm. Also making an appearance will be a VIP Santa (excuse me!), The Lord Mayor and other special guests. Stalls will provide a range of nice food and the event will be child-friendly with face painting, workshops, a vintage carousel and an outdoor screening of The Snowman movie.
If you want to know what time everything's going down...
Market Stalls open at 3.00pm
• Snow Globe, Carousel, Children’s Workshops & Face Painting - open at 4.00pm
• Screening of The Snowman at 5.00pm – 5.30pm
• Sam Maguire on display at 5.00pm – 6.00pm
• Stanhope Street Girls Choir perform at 5.45pm – 6.05pm
• Red Empire perform at 6.15pm – 7.00pm
• Lord Mayor gives short speech on stage with Santa, Switching on Christmas Tree lights at approximately 7.10pm/7.15pm
• The Riptide Movement are on at 7.20pm – 8.00pm
• Entertainment (Carousel, Snow Globe etc) finishes at 8.00pm
• Christmas Market remains open until 9.00pm
While Ireland is still playing catch up when it comes to the likes of European Christmas Markets, Smithfield Lights in Dublin is sure to put its own stamp on our festive celebrations.
Main Image: Dublin Town