The Irish population are a rare breed. We have our own sense of humor and everyone pretty much knows everyone. We love nothing more than the bubble we live in and the excitement we get when we meet a fellow Irish man/women on holidays. We stick by our country and when an Irish citizen has succeeded in the world we beam with pride. There are things that we only understand and we have our own vocabulary that no other nation can comprehend. We may be a small country but by God we are the best. Here are Things Only Irish People Understand.
1) People Will Always Want Tea
2) 7up Is A Medicine
3) Never Turn Off The Heating
4) Never Change The Channel When Coronation Street Is On
5) "State of your one"
6) Drink Cures Hangovers
7) There Is Never Just 'The One' Drink
8) Everyone Goes Away In The Summer
9) We Think We Tan Even If We Don't
10) Supermacs Is Only Acceptable When Drunk
11) When It Floods Get The Canoe Out
12) Irish Mothers Are Very Sensitive
13) Everything "Will be grand"
14) Sandwiches Either Have Crisps In Them Or They Come With Crisps
15) Americans Don't Understand Us
16) We Just Love Potatoes
17) There Is Nothing Better Than The Man On RTÉ News Falling On The Ice
18) We Request That Our Meat Is "Well Done"
19) "Triple vodka and Red Bull"
20) Free Bar's Are The Best Things That Can Happen
21) "Love/Hate...What A Show"
22) You Can't Beat An Irish Wedding
23) Religion Can Be Confusing
24) The Recession Is Everyones Fault But Ours
25) "It's bloody freezing!"
26) No One Is Ever Prepared For The Rain
27) St. Patrick's Day Is An Excuse To Drink All Day
28) You Must Go Out Every Night Of The Week Before Christmas
If YOU’D like to be part of the CT team and write for the biggest student website in the country, then email us! [email protected]