Coppers, Friday nights with Tubridy, not knowing whether they accept Debit at mass - there are special things that only ever happen in Ireland at the weekend.
1. Fully realising the impact of the housing crisis when you have nowhere to go on a Friday night
ur life gets much more bleak when u realise the shortage of gaff parties in college is directly linked to the actual housing crisis
— kendrick lamartha (@worldsbestda) February 3, 2018
2. Brilliant Late Late show tweets that deserve some sort of award
#LateLateShow You gotta love Ireland. This week 200 drunks in the audience looking to get laid.
Next week we will probably have a serious discussion about Ireland's love affair with drink.
By the end of this, there'll be a fella pissing in the corner of the set, 5 odd couples shifting around the outskirts of the studio, 6 lads from meath fighting outside, and maybe 12 crying females. #latelateshow
— James Glynn (@JamesGlynn139) February 9, 2018
3. Overheard while shopping: Customer talking about Daniel O'Donnell
Getaway highlight: listening to women loud-whisper gossiping about Daniel O’Donnell in his hometown local charity shop. #onlyinireland
— Mel Wiggins (@melwiggins) February 17, 2018
4. Public transport never fails to surprise
Got on the Dublin - Cork train. Packed.
Sit next to bloke.
His first word to me:
"Can?" Hands over a Heineken.
What a gent.
— Simon Murdoch ?? (@Simon_Murdoch) February 16, 2018
5. When the drink kicks in and you're like f**k it
This Gin & Tonic tastes like I'm gonna text you later
— Dublin Girlo (@dublin_girlo) January 26, 2018
6. Upping your flirting game- and listen, we're sure it sounds great when you say it
Me trying to flirt in Coppers pic.twitter.com/qG1IJ2Kgp7
— Fiona Hyde (@andgoseek) October 24, 2017
7. When they pull out all the stops to impress
Honey he's about to try tell u about his tattoos in workman's smokin area.
— Evil Stephen (@EvilStephenBot) October 16, 2017
8. You got this
acting normal at breakfast after a night out pic.twitter.com/iTOCgPmFwn
— ?????? ???????? (@dgahk) April 11, 2017
9. When God doesn't accept chip and pin
— John Cooney (@JCooney09) December 25, 2015
10. Mass brings up a whole lot of issues
Those brave souls who sit at the front without a clue when to kneel #MassTweets
— Abby. (@abbyor2) December 25, 2017
11. Always get the takeaway on a Sunday
Was going to order takeaway last night but cooked a lil qt meal & now have food poisoning. This is an important lesson. Always get the kebab
— Stephen Byrne (@stephenbyrne) May 7, 2017