Sometimes called the downer of the group, pessimists are known for the glass half empty view on life. But let's face it, they keep us grounded. Don't give us shit just because you don't agree with our view of things, that's just rude. Here are some of the everyday struggles every pessimist will understand:
1) Never trusting good news.
Did I really get this job? Probably not. Must be a mistake.
2) Being told you're a downer.
Thanks for that. I'm not, by the way.
3) "Be more positive!"
Why don't you be more realistic?
4) Not being able to comfort your friends.
You are terrible at comforting them when they're sad because you saw it coming two weeks ago.
5) Always resisting the urge to say "I told you so"
But y'know, I did tell you so. Should have listened to me...
6) Hating every film.
Why do they all have happy-ever-after endings? LIFE AIN'T LIKE THAT.
7) Being told you're depressed.
Eh, not a term you should throw around but no I'm not. Just realistic.
8) Being the problem solver.
Because you knew it wasn't going to work out anyway and have several solutions on hand that could fix it.
9) Inter-changing the words pessimistic and realistic.
Because some people prefer to hear that you're a realist. Because that changes what I think...
10) Never being surprised when your favourite character dies.
Well, they needed ratings and she did sleep with his best friend soooo I'm not really surprised.
11) Not being able to join in the excitement.
When people are celebrating the fact the exams are over, you can't join in because you're already planning your holidays around repeats.