Love isn't what you expect it to be. If tear-jerking films are anything to go by, love is licking one another's neck in the rain, thinking of them every time you see a dandelion or reading their love letters to you on a slow moving train. I hate to break it to those of you who are yet to fall head over heels for someone, but that is not love. What is love so, you ask?
1) Holding back their hair while they vomit their absolute ring up.
2) Making them tea in bed when they're dehydrated from a horrific hangover.
3) Sending them filthy jokes on a Tuesday morning.
4) Waiting outside a clothes shop patiently and without complaint.
5) Bringing a bottle of their favourite drink to pre-drinks (without being asked).
6) Telling them they look nice, without being prompted. *Hint, hint*
7) Eating takeaway together in your pjs on a Sunday.
8) Still fancying them when they look so hungover they resemble a crack addict.
9) Laughing so hard at their jokes that your face aches.
10) They can cheer you up, even on a Monday morning.
11) Giving them your hoodie without complaint.
12) Going to their family functions and smiling through the awkward questions.
13) Spooning them, even when they're colder than your floor in the morning.
14) Watching their shit films, just because they enjoy them.
15) Knowing just how they like their tea.
16) Finding their shit singing funny instead of annoying.
17) You smell someone else wearing their perfume/aftershave and look around in confusion.
18) You laugh at their friend's rather odd sense of humour.
19) You write rude comments on their pictures to make them laugh.
20) You try really hard not to use their nice shampoo because you know it cost over €4.
21) You sit through the Kardashians/a match and rarely complain.
22) You have been known to cook them breakfast, at least once.
23) They ask how your team is doing in the league. (Marry them.)
24) Pretending to think their taste in music is great when really, you've learned how to tune it out by now.
25) Not checking out their friend's amazing arse even when it takes everything you've got not to look.
26) Remembering your anniversary without the help of Facebook. (I didn't say it was easy.)
27) Not de-tagging that picture they added of you two, even when you think you look fat as fuck in it.
28) Checking out their bum every once in a while.
29) Noticing when they gets their hair cut.
30) They have your favourite snacks in supply any time you go to visit.
31) You don't laugh at them when they are struck by man-flu.
32) And you provide much chocolate when they're on their period.