I'd like to start this off by offering Netflix my heartfelt and sincerest thanks. Thank you Netflix for ensuring that my Saturdays are now spent religiously in bed catching up on old episodes of Friends and discovering that it's still as fresh and on point as it ever was. Not only was Friends the pinnacle of the 90's, it's also the perfect observation on pretty much every friendship ever. Here are 27 times when Friends actually summed up our friendships:
1) When you were so open with one another that you admitted things to them you never would to anyone else.
2) When you could show your real and true hungover emotions around them.
3) When you were bitterly jealous of their achievements but had to pretend otherwise.
4) When the potential love of your life text you first and you had to vent.
5) When your friend decides that now is the time to tell you all about her elaborate dream.
6) When they invite you to a family event and you hate their family.
7) When you supported one another through rich and poor. But mainly poor.
8) When you turn up at their house hungry and ready for their mother's delicious food.
9) When your best friend tells you she's giving up pizza and going on a juice cleanse.
10) When you decide to host your first dinner party and get a little too enthusiastic about it all.
11) When it's raining outside and someone suggests leaving the house.
12) When someone finally gets a girlfriend/ boyfriend and insists on talking about them religiously.
13) When one of you is heartbroken and you all feel it a little because that's what good friends do, after all.
14) When they bring up their ex ONCE AGAIN.
15) When they sent a text to the person the text was about.
16) When, even though you love them, they can fuck off if they think they're getting any of your cake.
17) When you sadly discover that everyone except you has a significant other. And yes, it does hurt.
18) When they figured out that actually, their other half IS a lying, cheating piece of shit all on their own.
19) When any of your male friends attempt to belittle your period cramps.
20) When someone suggests eating salad for lunch and you quickly need to restore a sense of normality to the situation.
21) When you're at their house and their siblings go to war and you enjoy it just a little too much.
22) When your friend's Tinder date goes surprisingly well.
23) When you forget to text them while on holidays and they just aren't that impressed.
24) When you step up to the plate and will do anything to get rid of the creep hitting on your hot friend.
25) When one of your friends attempts to cockblock you.
26) When you catch them just on the cusp of fraping you.
27) And lastly, when you find out that they FINALLY ended that dry spell.